Last weekend in New York, the Bridal Market was held. It was sponsored by WeddingWire and bridal vendors come out for fashion shows, magazine distribution and parties. It’s a great way to see the latest trends. If you weren’t fortunate enough to attend, you could follow along through pictures and tweets, and even some live viewings of the shows. Since it was a fashion show, you also see dresses that might be a bit more than what you’re wanting for your own wedding – that goes for the price tag and the style of the dress (think tulle gallore, beading/sequins and more poof than you know what to do with!).
Sharing my top 5 wedding gown choices if I were to plan my wedding all over again:
1. BHLDN (Anthropologie) Titania Gown: Love the girly/flirty look of this one!
2. Modern Trousseau French Lace: That lace is TO DIE FOR!
3. WTOO Zora Gown: This dress is so delicate and classic looking! (Also check out the Jessica by Watters)
4. Lula Kate “Novak”: The trumpet/mermaid style is all the rage this year!
5. WTOO (Watters) Bristol: *this was the gown I almost bought – and I still LOVE the way it looks – although I would have changed the liner (add one!) and put a zipper instead of lace up in the back. (Also check out the Gloria Gown by Watters)
I had so much fun trying on wedding dresses each time (even when mine showed up in a box from J. Crew!). Picking the perfect dress can be fun but also stressful. Important to try on lots of styles and not just the one you have in your head. The WTOO dress that I loved was one that the stylist helping me picked out and brought to the dressing room. You’ll be amazed at what you like and don’t like once you’re actually in the dresses.
If you’re looking for dresses for showers, parties or your rehearsal, check out these that I’m auctioning off on eBay:
J Crew Blakely:
Lilly Pulitzer Bernadette:
Lilly Pulizer White Halter Dress:
Lilly Pulitzer White Maxi Dress:
As a bride-to-be, you can’t have too many white dresses!
What were your favorite styles from the Bridal Market?