Hopefully you’ve started trying out those cookie recipes by now for all of your holiday parties. They’re good, right? Today’s post is all about meat and a healthy lunch/dinner that is easy, relatively quick and definitely delicious. You can make 4-5 burgers with a pack of turkey, which is great if you’re making dinner for someone or if it’s just you and you want to have lunch for the week!
1 pack of lean ground turkey
1 can of Rotel
1 block of cheese (I like pepperjack or habenero cheese)
1 buns (or you can eat them without bread!)
- Open the turkey
- Drain the rotel
- Mix 1/2 can Rotel in with turkey (I use my hands)
- Shred some cheese and mix in well with the turkey/Rotel mixture
- Make into patties and place in skillet with a little oil (I like coconut oil)
- Skillet should be on med-high and cook until both sides are brown
- Meat should not be pink on inside!
- If you want cheese on top, add a slice and serve with bun
I eat these bunless to save on the bread calories (also, I’m not a “bread person” but my husband will tell you I’m a “butter person” so if there’s good butter and bread to eat it on, then I will partake!).
I like to pair steamed veggies or roasted brussels sprouts with the burgers. It’s really a quick and healthy meal. And they save great for lunch the next day! In the summer, it’s nice to do these on the grill! Also, bison meat is really lean and just as delicious when made into burgers!
Enjoy + happy almost Christmas!