Inspired to share a little more about my life, thanks to those silly Facebook posts that are going around. So here are 11 things about me on this 11th day of December:
2. I made my high school basketball team as a freshman (I was 4’10), but was made to choose between cheerleading and basketball. I chose the former and ended up participating on 3 squads, including a traveling All-Star squad.
3. I collect stationary, notecards, and pretty paper – and love sending and receiving handwritten notes. I also love writing in general and started a book when I got out of college. I also blog for a magazine currently.
4. My 4th grade teacher told my mom that I read too much. I still read that much. Sometimes I go through an entire book in just one day (slightly OCD).
5. I told my friends within the first week of dating my husband that I was going to marry him. (He says he’s thankful I didn’t tell him this, but he knew too).
6. I finished grad school in 19 months. I never took less than 2 classes at a time. When I get something in my head, I just have to do it and finish it – even if I’m also taking on new jobs, consulting and planning a wedding.
7. I became a Social Media Consultant by accident. I was volunteering while in grad school and heard this business owner telling a large audience that he had no clue what he was doing. Afterwards, lots of folks approached him and handed him business cards. I handed him a card and told him I was in grad school and while I didn’t own a SM business, I was passionate about it and would be willing to help. A few weeks later he called, we met, and he offered me a set amount to help. I’ve since honed my skills and offer them every now and again to various businesses or organizations.
8. I worked on Bald Head Island for a summer as a kayak guide. My BFF Amy invited me to stay with her for a summer in Oak Island, NC. One of my favorite college summers, by far! I still love Bald Head and was happy to introduce my husband to it a few years back.
9. I met Will Ferrell. Will supports Cancer for College and we attended an event a few years ago with my sister-in-law and got to meet Will.
10. I didn’t always run. I started running after my freshman year of college and my first race was the Monument 10k in Richmond with two of my cousins. I also taught spin classes when in college and went through a brief period of wanting to be a body builder before realizing that I didn’t want my legs to be THAT big.
11. I love food. By love, I mean, I have an obsession with eating sometimes (last week it was Pho from the Viet-Thai place down the street). My husband says when it comes to food, I eat like a 300-lb. man. My favorites? Buffalo wings (or just the sauce), mac n’ cheese, shrimp n’ grits, jalapenos, Zuppa Toscana, real beef burgers (I grew up on a beef farm), all salads, sweet potato anything, tomatoes, anything chocolate, Thai food in all forms, avocado, and ice cream year round. Also, I dislike pizza very much unless it’s homemade. #10 helps me stay in my size 2 pants! 😉
Okay, that’s it. I promise not to share anymore annoying facts. Feel free to share in the comments something people don’t know about you!